Our Drug & Alcohol First Aid training provides up to date and essential information to help service providers, workplaces and community members about drug and alcohol misuse.
Research into substance misuse clearly identifies strong relationships between the use of drugs and alcohol and mental health problems, physical injury, reduced workplace productivity, accidents, drink-driving and violence.
Upon completion of this Drug & Alcohol First Aid training participants will be better equipped to:
- Recognise problematic drug and alcohol use
- Describe the impacts of problematic drug and alcohol use
- Identify the types of drug and alcohol supports and treatments that are effective in reducing use
- Talk to people about their drug or alcohol use in a non-confrontational manner.
- Help and support people who have drug and alcohol problems